Before we donate our hard-earned cash, there are probably a few questions that run through our minds first. We want to know exactly where our money is going!
- What is the charitable cause?
- What exactly is my money actually going to go towards?
- Do I have to donate cash or can I donate another way?
- If I make a digital donation, how long is it going to take?
With those questions in mind, how many are answered when you are confronted with a traditional cash donation box? Probably not many.
The inspiration for this blog was, quite frankly, the lack of inspiration to donate into a donation box we came across just the other day.
It looked like this:
Does this view make you want to reach into your pocket and drop a few coins in? No, us neither. Not only is it boring and bland, there is no mention of what that money is going towards or any alternatives but to drop a coin or two through the hole. Not very encouraging.
It’s moments like this that remind us exactly why we are so passionate about what we do here at Donater. We want to make it easier and more inviting for donors to give money. Your charitable causes that you work so hard to fundraise for deserve the digital infrastructure to support inviting online payments.
In stark contrast to this, here is an example of one charity local to us, transforming their donation box into a digital way of fundraising with one of Donater’s QR codes.
Potential donors know exactly which charity they would be supporting and where their money goes, as well as having the option to donate online quickly by scanning or tapping their smartphone on the sticker. It ticks all the boxes! For more info on how Donater online fundraising tools helped Winchester BID with their Spare Change for Lasting Change scheme to help the homeless, have a read of our blog here.
How can Donater help with online and mobile donations and payments?
We have a suite of fundraising tools specifically designed to make giving easier. Easier for the donor to make a donation, and easier for charitable organisations to receive that all important fundraising.
Bring your donation box into the digital age using a QR code or smart sticker. Those that hear your bucket shake and immediately lift their hands and say ‘Sorry, no change!’ could simply scan the QR code or tap the smart sticker using their mobile phone and make their donation online using Google Pay or Apple Pay. Simple, contactless and effective mobile payments to make and receive donations! Just tap to donate.
Our suite of online fundraising tools include:
- A dedicated online fundraising page, personalised to your charity or good cause. Supporters will immediately recognise your branding and thus, trust that they are in the right place to make a donation. Online fundraising pages are easy to share online via a handy link, and can be easily linked to your website with a ‘Donate Now’ button.
- QR codes. We’ve all become more accustomed to QR codes with the NHS Covid app, so you’ll know how quick and easy it is to scan one with your smartphone. QR codes can be just as handy for taking donations. All your supporter has to do is scan the QR code with their smartphone, and it will take them to an online donation page. Once there, they can choose to donate with a tap via Google Pay or Apple Pay, or pay with their bank details. QR codes are a great addition to any physical marketing about your event, such as posters or newsletters.
- NFC Tags. Our NFC tags take the above QR code concept a step further, and enable any supporter of yours with an NFC enabled smartphone to merely tap the tag or sticker. They will then be taken to an online donation page where they can make their donation quickly and simply. These work better with in-person events, but could easily be placed at the entrance to your charity or on collection boxes so visitors can donate to your cause if they wish.
You might also be interested in our previous blog – How To Make Donater Work For you.
Quite literally, be the change you want to see!